::sings:: 
Now I'm roasting by a shielded fire, 
With sugar cookies on the counter,
Knight and Day is ready to play,
and family's gathered round the TV

Everybody knows that cookies and a good movie
Help to make the evening nice,
But best of all, is the fact that I can,
Write you all this blo-og post

Ok, so I lied. This definitely is not the best part of the evening, but it fit. :)

The really nice thing about being an actor is that curfews are fudged at a very early age. Cast parties most often occur after the show. I remember being out at one without my parents when I was 14. Now I was surrounded by other responsible parents, but the fact is, staying out late to see a show was never a problem in our family so long as I called at lot. Please take that into consideration when you read the following. 

Yesterday evening I got all fancied up after a week of being sick. I was still feeling a little sick, but I put on my face, a nice dress, and drove downtown for my friend's surprise birthday party. Driving down Main St. through all the lights really got me in the Christmas mood, and my attire made me feel even more Christmassy. The party took place at the Church's office (three rooms above a boutique clothing store) which was beautifully decorated. The surprise played out wonderfully, and I got to rock out on the guitar for one round of Guitar Hero before I had to leave. 

While it was fun to imagine I was going to some dressy party the real reason why I dressed up is because Meg and I went to the thee-a-tah. I gathered my big winter coat and purse and flew down the stairs out into the crisp winter air. Waiting out on the sidewalk, the rain illuminated by the street lamps and christmas lights, I felt like I was in a movie. The red car pulled up and I hoped in and Meg and I talked and listened to Christmas as we drove to Talent. Not quite the same as the Nutcracker in Portland but just as fun. :)

The show was fabulous as was the after party. :) Meg and I ended getting home at about 11:30. She dropped me off by my car downtown and I drove home. When I got home Daniel convinced me to stay up an hour and a half longer to watch The Princess and the Frog. By 1:30 I was too tired to stay awake much longer, so I went to bed. 

This afternoon I decorated sugar cookies with Dev, Bren, Anne, Erin, and Heidi while the adults all watched the last half of the civil war. It was quite lovely. 

I'm now very tired, so I'll watch Knight and Day with my family, a trip to the jacuzzi to try to take care of my back, and it's off to bed. Hopefully.

On a side note I'm coming to Portland on the 11th and 12th. 

Ok, the end. Love you all. Take care! :) 

City Sidewalks

Posted on

Saturday, December 4, 2010