::grins::

So, not much has happened since yesterday, but today Brenna, Dev, anne, Mrs. Phelps, my mother, and I all went to watch Tangled. Suuuuuuuch a good movie!!! It was absolutely adorable, and the horse reminded us of the Phelps' dog, Piper. :) Anyway, here's my story. :)

I walked into the theatre and went to join Dev who was already standing in line. Shortly after, Brenna came in to stand with us in line. The mom's were getting popcorn. As the line began to grow, the dad of the family behind us struck up a conversation with Bren, and Dev. I knew him, but not as well as the other two, plus my throat was killing me (miserable head cold) so I just stood on the opposite side of the aisle divider and observed the conversation. 

Now, I have to describe these aisle dividers to you. I don't know what they are called and I couldn't find a picture. Basically, there's a thick plastic pole, out of which comes an elastic, seat belt like strap. Now this strap can be rolled up inside the pole and pulled out to different lengths. The end of this plastic strap can be attached to another similar pole with a smilar strap. Connect them and they make aisles. The kind in movie theaters, conferences, and other such occasions. The strap looks like a seat belt. The most important part of this is that when you pull the strap and then let go, it snaps quickly back to it's "mother" pole. :P Hopefully you know what I'm talking about by now. 

Anyway, so the father is playing with the end of the strap, however, the strap is stretched as far as it can go (It had previously been attached to the pole about 4 feet from the one I was standing next to. Suddenly, without warning, the man accidentally let the end of the strap slip from his hand and the strap went flying back to the pole I was standing next to. I was facing this man, and as a result, the plastic end flung back and hit me squarely in the mouth. 

I would like to point out this had nothing to do with me being clumsy. I simply happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Luckily there was no blood, but my lip has swelled to an admirable size, and is beginning to sport a nice purple bruise. 

It's hard to see but this is me trying to smile.  :)
Anyway, I thought it was pretty funny, considering it's me. :) :) :)

Well, that's all. Another busy week. Goodnight.

Love you all dearly

The Case of the Swollen Upper Lip

Posted on

Sunday, November 28, 2010