We are HERE! We are HERE! We are HERE!
- Seussical the Musical 

We got the earlier flight, praise the Lord!!!!! 

The Flights: 
From San Francisco was uneventful. Beautiful at times, but still uneventful. I had the middle seat between two elderly people, while my mom sat in front. I was content to pass the time reading Killer Angels. A bit hard to get through, but fascinating as far as history assignments go. The flight from Denver to Dulles passed much in the same manner. We landed right on time at 7:45pm EST. 

The Drive:
We rented the car and made it onto the freeway in no time. Our original plan was to stop off in Roanoke, the halfway mark to Emory, but as we started driving we decided to just drive the full 5 1/2 hours. We stopped at a McDonalds along the way so mom could get coffee and so I could get something to eat. I hadn't eaten since lunch. I ended up just getting a small ice cream. Not healthy, I know. :) We made it to our hotel in wonderful timing and are now preparing ourselves for a hopefully ( ;) ) restful night. :)

Tomorrow's Agenda: 
10:00am-Evening I'll be at Emory & Henry and spending the night there.

The continental divide: 

Arrived Safely

Posted on

Thursday, November 4, 2010