Why is it that most girls like weak, "sensitive" guys? 
This was the question a friend posed to me earlier this afternoon. I found it a fascinating question simply because it made two claims that I really don't believe to be true. First of all I'm not sure if "most girls" are attracted to weak young men. Secondly he paired weak with "sensitive," as if the two were a bad thing. I currently don't have the brain power to really attack either of these two claims (I have a headache), however I want to add one thought to the second claim: "sensitive" should not be paired with weak. Just because a young man is capable of being gentle and kind to others should discredit his strength. I know very few guys who can be strong and "sensitive" at the same time. I think it a very commendable quality. About as high as drive. (For those of you who know me I respect drive more than most qualities).

Enough about that. Life hasn't changed much since I last posted. Still working on school almost all the time. That is when I'm not trying to convert a darn aiff wave file into an mp3. :P Which by the way I ended up sending successfully in a file all it's own.

Thanksgiving was lovely. There about a little less than 50 people, and more food than I have ever seen. I can honestly say it was one of the best thanksgivings. I could bore you with all the details, but I'll save you. ;) :) Let's just say there was lots of music, lots of ping pong, and tons of happiness. :)

I continue to have a headache. The origin is unknown but I suspect it's still part of my thanksgiving hangover. Other than that and a sore throat plus a little tiredness, I'm doing wonderfully well.

Last point of business, the Portland trip: It's kind of driving me crazy. One day it's on, another it's off. At this point my mom and I may or may not be heading up there the weekend of the 12th to do last minute shopping. The Phelps might come with us, but that hasn't been confirmed. I'll try to keep y'all updated on that.

I really wish I had more to say other than just relaying events of my life. In a way it seems so.... menial. I don't know if that's the right word, but it seemed to fit.

Anyway, I am amazed at the Lord's forgiveness. That's been a real issue for me lately. I know that God forgives all sin. I know that it is arrogant to think that there exists a sin too big for God to forgive. I know that I am not saved by works but through faith. However, I am confused since a child of God shall be known by their fruit. So how can I be a child of God if I make a conscious decision to choose sin over God's will? However, this borders on assuming that God can't forgive my sin because of the condition in which it was made, which I already know is arrogant to assume..... yeah, that was a bit of a ramble. Anywho. Slowly plugging away. If you have any thoughts I'd love to hear them. :)

Well that's all.

God is good.

Goodnight.

Random Thoughts: Bleh

Posted on

Saturday, November 27, 2010