I guess I'm starting to have some kind of format started. If anyone has ideas or anything you want me to add, do tell me. :)

Whirring in my ears, the smell of sugar and vanilla permeates the room. Thoughts creep into my head. One by one they threaten to over power my concentration. A quick squeeze of the eyes, a quickening of the beater, and I'm back among the clanging pots, and the steady streaming of cream colored richness into the silver encasement. Then it's into the monsters raging mouth we go. Well I don't. :) The monster has taken a nip at me time and again, but then so have the walls, and the floors, and the carpets. :) However, I am forever grateful to the monster because it takes my humble creations and turns them into masterpieces. I love escaping into what I think of as the simple pleasures and small comforts. Of baking. :)
The only problem with posting every day is that there is little to say that hasn't already been said. I mean I could make my entire post like the short stories I write in the beginning, but no one wants to read an entire post that is the exaggeration, personification, and dramatization of simple menial tasks..... I imagine... If any of you think otherwise comment, if not, we're keeping the menials to a minimum.

To think, in 72 hours I will be in D.C!!! Thousands of miles from Oregon, and possibly my future home. Everything is changing so fast. Sometimes.... I feel like I'm alone. Here I am, in my life, and people are coming in and out, and things are happening and being forgotten, and everything is moving, and I'm alone. I mean, I have my family, but I only have them for a little longer. I have my friends, but I've come to learn that they come and go faster than the weather changes in Medford (It was hot today :P). However, as I get lost in these musings I suddenly realize that I have it all backwards.


God is the one standing firm as everyone else is flickering in and out of existence. When we become comfortable in life, and settle back I think we begin to forget how fragile life. Our lives only last a second in the scheme of things. I know that one day I will spend eternity with the Lord, and it's comforting that eternity will be, more than anything I can begin to imagine. However I can't help but shrink in terror. I would much rather be the thing that stands firm, not the thing that flickers for a second and then is gone. However, wasn't this the first sin? We have always wanted to be God.... I'm beginning to ramble. The point is to always keep things in perspective, and cling to God. He's the one with the firm footing. :)

This is totally me! Minus the blonde hair and the dress.
Although, I do want a dress like that. :)
Super excited for the concert. :) Meg and I and one other girl are going to do a concert. I'm going to showcase some of my songs, Meg is gonna do her broadway thing, and Maddie, the other girl, is going to do her celtic thing. :) We're gonna sing a few duets and a few trios. It's going to be super awesome. It'll be the weekend after the Clarion tournament. More information on that coming when we have things more set in stone. Hillary Hall (the one who is organizing us) thinks that we can fill the house and ahve standing room only (There are about 100 chairs, so that would be really awesome). Lin, I think I remember you saying you would bring a van full of people down. Can you still do that? ;) :)

Still getting ready for the trip. I was supposed to pack, but I was too tired and was thinking too much so I decided to make a Boston Cream Pie. It was really yummy. :)

I think that's quite enough for now... Almost. :)

This made me smile. :)
"::points the camera at me:: This is Belle. She's not part of our family. But she is part of our family. She's part of our future family. *awkward pause as the adorable seven-year old realizes what she said and blushes."
 This made me smile and blush. :)
"Director: (different Belle) Belle is invaluable Young man: *Makes faces at my friend* Director: What's so funny young man? Young man: (in front of several) I'm going to marry someone named Belle. Director: (to my friend) Is she nice? Friend: She's an angel."
I am so not, but my friend was a dear for saying so. :P :)

obSERVE: I'm having a hard time keeping my eyes open, and my head hurts.
ANalyze: I must be tired.
DEduce: I should sleep

(Bones reference)

Ok, wow, I need to sleep. Night. :)

Love you all dearly. <3 (thanks for the follow Kate. :) )

72 hours

Posted on

Monday, November 1, 2010

1 Comment
Kate said...

Hey Belle. you're welcome for the follow... haha. i reall like your blog because it's kind of what i like to do on mine... just talk about random aspects of life, and then of course, talk about God. :)