I just want to take the time to say I a few things. First, people. Wow..... and again... Wow..... I've been sick (sometimes off; mostly on) for a little over five weeks. Last week especially was extremely tough. However, the sicker I got, the more people loved on me and showed me how much they care. Thursday evening, I walked into my hallway only to discover that my door was covered in pictures, and notes saying "I love you" "Press on" and my favorite: "Spinney tests aren't so hard." :) Then dear Chaedon was kind enough to get me a travel set of tissues. Then, I walked into my room and found a huge box of tissues and a new water bottle sitting on my desk. I have continually been blown away by the love and care that has been shown me. I also appreciate the gentleness and patience. I love all my dear friends at PHC, and the ones back home who have been encouraging me and helping me with life. I love you all sooo much. :)




The Lord is my joy
The Lord is my strength
The Lord is my hope
The Lord is my all

He fills me with his love
He fills me with his strength
He fills me with his hope
He fills me with him 
- Me



The Lord is sovereign. He has a perfect plan for me, but he also has a perfect plan for my friends. I am not the most important part of his plan for other people; he is. I've slowly (and painfully, as most things are always learned) realized that God has a perfect plan for my friends, and sometimes, that plan means taking them away from me, and sending them somewhere else; to someone else. I've always known that God has a perfect plan for me, but so often, I have forgotten that God is orchestrating others lives in a perfect way for them. This has given me a huge amount of comfort especially over the last few days. The Lord has been filling me with so much joy, and so much of Him.

This evening, I felt full to bursting (this was in part due to the gorgeous weather, and the awesome conversation). I want to always feel like this, and more so!!! I want to be so full of God that I can't stand it. I want his glory to shine through. I want to fade away till nothing else in the world matters except for God and his will. I want him to be my obsession.

That's such a scary word; obsession. My whole life I've worked at NOT being obsessed with things, that to actually seek to be obsessed is a bit daunting, but at the same time, it's so amazing. I'm actually allowed to seek something for complete and 100% fulfillment. Only God can meet that need. Only God.


P.S. I adore flowers. I wouldn't mind if I randomly got some. :) Not roses, but any and all kinds. :)

A Little Bit of Life

Posted on

Monday, April 4, 2011

Category

,

2 Comments
Unknown said...

Girl, I LOVE all the pics that you find!! They're so fresh, clean, and cute :) The boots one is adorable!!

Wait, 'not roses'...?? As in, you don't like roses?

Isabelle Nicole said...

not roses in that.....

well, it depends on my mood. Right now, I'm not a huge fan. First, I don't want getting roses period unless they're from my family, and secondly, I am seriously on a huge flower craving right now, lol. :) Anything bright and cheerful. :D Roses are too deep for my current mood :)