A man (or woman) has not lived a full life until they have worked hard and worked well. There is a difference between the two. I know a few people who have the first one down to a T. They burry themselves in project after project. But how can you thoroughly enjoy your work when you are always thinking ahead to the next project? I’m still not entirely sure what working well looks like on a regular basis. I just know what it doesn’t look like. There are also various types of work. Working well entails working a little bit in each area. Physical, spiritual, intellectual, and emotional. These are the main areas I think. I have so many more thoughts on this, but I should probably get onto the rest of this little post. What sparked this? An hour of work in the yard simply because I felt like it. It was incredibly rewarding, and brought back so many wonderful memories. :)


I’m afraid I have to switch my tone just a bit in order to cover everything I want. Rather than discuss a single event in excessive detail I am going to report on a series of operations that have taken place. Warning: They might get a bit dull.

Operation: Flight

It's pretty gorgeous... <3
Was in the air for seven hours, three of which I slept through (since I had to wake up 4:00am to make my first flight). The other four were spent reading a Spinney lecture, looking at the window and day dreaming (only about 30 minutes), and finishing the book of Psalms. :) Landed in Salt Lake City with 30 minutes till the next flight was leaving. I had to run the entire length of the airport... Took 10 minutes. I was one of the last people to board, thank the Lord. Another blessing was that I was sitting in the front row so I didn’t have to awkwardly walk through several rows as various passengers starred up at me.

Operation: Cooking

In the last 48 hours I have made an amazing batch of brownies, Pumpkin Pull-Apart Monkey Bread, and the best grilled cheese sandwich thing I have ever had. I took a piece of French bread, placed a thing apple slice (circular not triangly) beneath slices avocado, which lay beneath pieces of freshly cooked bacon. Then I lay slices of amazing mozzarella on top and cooked it in our toaster oven (we don’t believe in microwaves ;) :)). Soooo good. There’s still lots to make, so this operation is a work in progress.

Operation: See friends

Pretty self-explanatory. So far I visited my high school and saw the musical they did (which was pretty fabulous). Almost cried after seeing Barnett start tearing up (I didn’t say your real name so you wouldn’t be embarrassed ;) <3). I sure have missed you kid. :) Saw all the church people, and spent a wonderful Sunday afternoon traipsing about the town with Brenna, and then spending some wonderful time with Dev. <3 :)

Operation: SURPRISE

Allllmost gave Dad a heart attack. =D (No one except people at school and my mom knew I was coming home. Best surprise ever). Also made him cry. Dad never cries, so it was pretty epic. :)

And now, I’m sitting at my old desk, writing on the computer I worked on my entire life (until sir mac came along and stole my heart). This morning I woke up, had devos for an hour, made breakfast, took Daniel to school around 8:35. Went to work out, worked in the garden, and am now happily munching away at a pear that I found under one of our pear trees when I was raking leaves. Also, my dog has been following me around since the morning, and was even so kind to hop up on my bed and help me memorize my verses (missing my dear Laruen <3). God is so good and so beyond beautiful.

I promise, the next post will be back to its delightfully excessive self. :)


A series of operations

Posted on

Monday, November 21, 2011