There's little that can compare to snuggling under sheets that have just come out of the dryer, and opening your computer and taking the time to make a tiny thumb print on this thing we call the internet..... Actually, there's a ton that can compare to it, and surpass it.... Wow. Fail. ;) :) hehe. :)


School: Ok, so life continues to go on at a mildly insane pace. I turned in my first "Spinney Paper" and completed my first "Spinney Test." We're just finishing the Aeneid in Western Lit. Western Civ is amazing as always. Dr. Favelo is seriously one of my favorite professors. Theology remains.... interesting. :) There are two classes, both of which will remain nameless, drive me insane. :P Trying to praise God for those classes. 

Health: I'm completely better...ish. There are days where I feel totally fine and healthy, and then there are other days when I feel totally sick. My back and neck is in a good deal of pain, but once again, I praise God for being so gracious to me in other areas of my life. For instance, I was able to beat Ian Reid in racquetball tonight... twice. Which is a good lead into...

Today: I got a TON accomplished. We had a snow morning which meant no classes (for me at least). I created a 13 item checklist and actually did everything. It made me feel very good. I also had the pleasure of playing the wonderful Ian Reid, who I beat. I started playing racquetball about a month ago, and Ian is one of the besst players on campus. I have to say this doesn't reflect on his skill level or mine. He is still much much better than me. But when he insisted that we play a second game after I had just finished playing two games (the first against him, the second against Seth), winning felt very good. 

Shout Outs: Ian and Seth for being such a good sports and playing racquetball with me. Caleb, Chandler, and Ian for allowing me to be a part of starting m77 (sooooo excited :)). Taylor Eckel: loved editing with you! You are such a lovely person. Abby: thank you soooo much for letting me borrow your car so many times this week. :D Kira: thanks for being such an awesome roomie. Chaedon and John: You guys make me laugh so much! Betsy: You have been such a wonderful big sister/mom. ;) :) Watchdog: You are so amazing. :) And you win. :) Love you all so dearly! 

Washington D.C.: This is when I tell you all about my amazing monday. Never has there been a monday more wonderful in the history of mondays. :) 

Monday: February 22, 2011
6:00 - Wake up and decide I'm too exhausted. Set alarm for 6:30. I only need 20 minutes anyway. :)
6:45 - Wake up, again, with 5 minutes to get ready. 
6:50 - Ready to go but I can't find my key card. :P John and Stephen were very patient. :)
7:20 - Leave campus
8:30ish - Arrive in D.C. and no one was there!!! It was so amazing. :D We just walked around the mall, and then headed towards the Smithsonian
9:00 - spent about an hour in "The Smithsonian Castle" and then headed across the way to the museum of natural history where we spent another hour an a half. 
11:15 - Made our way over to union station where we ate, and chilled.
12:00 - Walked around for an hour looking for the theatre. Yeah... an hour. :P It was boarder line miserable, but the guys kept it funny. We raced, pretended to be british, jaywalked soooo many times :P, and eventually made it to the Landmark theatre. Stephen tried to convince us to just forget about it. We found it almost 30 seconds later. WIN! ;) :)
1:00 - Saw "The King's Speech" and loved it! 
3:30 - Got out and meandered in what we thought was the general direction of the mall. We ended up stopping inside the National Portrait Gallery. We spent another full hour just walking around inside. It was really gorgeous. 
4:30 - I was pretty exhausted and so was Stephen. It's hard to tell when John is tired cause he's always so chipper. :) Anyway, we walked a few blocks in a certain direction and found ourselves in Chinatown. We escaped into a Starbucks and found a large window bench/table thing on the fourth floor and we just sat and drank coffee (for them) and salted caramel hot chocolate (for me), and talked a bit, and stared out the window, watching the busy city rush below us. :) It was a wonderful way to end the trip.
5:30 - We got on the bus and made the two hour ride back. I fell asleep and had an awful nightmare. :P

Life: continues. God continues to be incredible. I have my bad days and my good days, but God is always constant. He's always there to remind me how much he loves me. I am continually in awe of how far he has brought me and how merciful he is. 

Praying always. 



La Vie Continue

Posted on

Tuesday, February 22, 2011