If someone asked me how I was doing this morning, the answer would have been very different than if they had asked me this afternoon. 
And if someone had asked me how I was doing this afternoon, the answer would have been very different than if someone asked me this evening. 
And if someone had asked me how I was doing this evening it would have been very different than if someone asked me right now.

So how am I doing right now? 
I honestly have no idea. 
"One moment it's sunny, the next it was cloudy, all smiles and laughter, then suddenly pouty." ~Coffee Shop Sneak Peak 
Life is a funny thing. 
        It thrusts us into these wild turns.
                It shoots us down these crazy side trails.

For instance, ever since I got here I have been formulating a plan. I'm all about plans and lists and what not. :) My plan has been to graduate from PHC in 3 1/2 years (I'll be 20) with a degree in political theory or journalism. Then I'll go straight away to getting my masters in journalism or some form of writing or literature. I was planning, of course, on taking classes full time so that I could get my graduate by the time I'm 21. Then, of course, I would start on my PhD. I'm not specifically sure what I would get it in, but hopefully I will have a more specific idea by the time I get there. I don't simply want to get a PhD for the sake of getting a PhD. I absolutely adore learning.

You know when your brain feels like it's about to explode because it just took in so much knowledge? I love that feeling. :D


On this track I would have been set up to have my PhD, hopefully by the time I was 26. I would of course go on to be an international journalist, and have a perfect life. :P

However, today, the most wonderful scenario in the world was this: At home, cleaning the house, making meals for my family, doing laundry, having a casual lunch with some girl friends, baking cookies for the neighbors, dinner with my wonderful family, and then a movie. Just a typical relaxing, productive day. So that leaves me totally confused as to what I want.

I think a nice balance would suffice. :) A power house stay-at-home mom. :) We'll see where the Lord takes me.

Prayer is a funny thing.
    The more you pray, the more you realize how little you pray.


I've been doing a lot of praying lately. More so than I usually do. I've been praying for my family and friends back home. I've been praying for people here at PHC. I've been praying for relationships all over the place. Spring is certainly in the air.

I've decided to go into hiding until Spring Break. :P :)


That's really all I have for now. Love you and I'm praying for you all. :)

Reflections

Posted on

Tuesday, February 15, 2011