A great flurry of movement and suddenly ever thing is in its place; it’s perfect, color-coded, organized place. My desk – previously littered with papers of a great variety – is now pristine; adorned with a lamp, a jar of brightly colored makers/sharpies, and a bright green filing box. Just looking at it makes the world seem right. I love how ordered, and colorful it is. It’s just the right amount of colorful though (not too much), and each sharpie is ordered so that if you look at it right, they are in rainbow ordered. It’s the simple pleasures of life. :)

This afternoon has been so very lovely. I dare you to try and upset me. I guarantee you won’t be able to.

After a rather quick lunch (I’ve never eaten an orange so fast), I quickly escaped out of the lunchroom, and sought the safety of my room. As I pondered what to do next, I couldn’t help but notice how gently the sun spilled in through my window; it’s rays dancing around the dainty petals of the lovely pink rose sitting on my windowsill (the guys from Charlie Brown gave each girl a rose for Valentine’s day. It was so sweet. :) ). As the light played with my precious little flower, I suddenly thought how lovely it would be to climb up on the windowsill and read. I walked over to the window and quickly opened it. The moment the hinges were released, the window flew up and a warm gust of wind rushed through and wrapped me in a loving embrace. Minutes later I was perched on the welcoming sill. An hour later I had done all of my Western Literature reading. Sarah Foss stopped by room and we chatted for a bit, before heading to theology.

While I still struggle and have my hard days, the Lord is still always with me. I am so in awe with how amazing He is. He gives me so much joy and strength and love. Some days, like today, I feel like I’m simply overfilling with joy and peace and love. There’s no way this can be of my own making. The Lord is always with me… ::shakes head in disbelief:: That. Is. So. Amazing.

Well, my artistic thoughts have completely run out the door so I’m back to my awkward blunt, very uncharacteristic narrating. Probably a good sign that I should go.

Ephesians 4:2 

Isn't this so lovely? :)
It's so graceful, and lovely... I love how dainty it is.
I think pink roses are my new favorites.  

Analogies: 
Chocolate = Love
Peanut Butter = Friendship
Chocolate + PB = One sided relationship (one's in love, the other isn't)
Chocolate Kisses = Love with kisses
Chocolate + Almonds = It's complicated
I can't remember what caramel is. I'll edit this post when I remember. :)
Red Roses: Hopeless romantics
White Roses: Optimists
Pink Roses: Realists who are hopefully optimistic. -> Me :)
~ I've been told realists are optimists in denial

Philippians 4:5

Oh What A Beautiful Morning :)

Posted on

Thursday, February 17, 2011