I haven't posted an actual summary of life in a while.

Warning: I'm quite sick so my thoughts are going to be a little jumbled.











Last week: was sooo wonderful. :) I spent monday in D.C. with my two "older brothers/watchdogs." Tuesday was declared a snow day, or at least the only class I had for the day was cancelled. Wednesday was the only normal day of classes. Thursday I only had theology. Friday was Faith & Reason day, which meant more time for studying! Yay! :P :) It really was nice though. :) Rehearsals for Charlie Brown are coming along quite nicely. I'm super excited for the show. :) Although I'm having a hard time trying to decide whether I want Lucy to be from New Jersey or Russia. ;) :) Fun times, fun times. :) Also, I was able to go dancing tuesday and thursday night. I seriously had more fun dancing than I ever have, which is saying a lot. My teacher was very patient, and I was eventually able to conquer ariels! So much fun. :)

Saturday: the excitement begins. Sadie Hawkins Dance Day! I wake up at 4:00am with a fever, a completely achey/cramped body, a migraine that inhibits my vision, and a throat so parched I couldn't speak. I forced myself to go back to sleep, only to wake up again at 5:30. I then woke up again 6:15, 7:30, and finally 8:15. I managed to drag myself out of bed and force down a bowl of fruit as dear Claire sat with me for moral support. I went back to bed and had a similar sleeping pattern until 1:15 at which point my fever was gone, however it was replaced with a horrendous migraine unlike any I have ever had, which is saying a lot. In tears I asked my dear friend Hannah Farver to come and help. She did so willing, and I was able to calm down and get in 45 more minutes of sleep. The rest of the day was spent in a daze. I was able to look half way decent for the dance. I enjoyed myself at dinner, but after an hour I felt so sick I needed to go back to campus. Luckily, some friends of mine were kind enough to do so. Once I got back I tried to watch a disney movie with a friend but I couldn't make it, so I just fell asleep instead (I was asleep by 8:50).

I was pretty dead by this point. But Claire looks lovely. <3

Sunday: I woke up at 4... again. :P However, I took a melatonin, which is a homeopathic sleep remedy thing, courtesy of Hannah Farver and was able to sleep till 9:40. The plan was to leave for church by 9:45. :P Luckily, this wasn't the first time I had woken up on a sunday morning with five minutes to go so I was able to make it out to the cars by 9:45. Once I was out there I was seriously advised by all my friends to say on campus. Apparently I didn't look so great. :P :) So I did. I ended up alternating between studying and lying down. My migraine was reduced to a headache, praise the Lord. :) That's another thing. I guess I can talk about that later, but I continue to be in awe of how incredible the Lord is and how amazing his love is for me. I will never ever ever tire of reading Psalm 77. :) Sunday night I was in bed by 9, up at 11, and then asleep by 12. :)

Half the group. Yeah.... I'm not sure whether I love Alan, Andrew, or Gregg more. :)
MONDAY: hehe :) monday is monday is monday. Woke up at 4:45 this time! hooray. :) and then was able to sleep till 7:15. My headache was gone for the most part and the only thing wrong was I couldn't talk because my throat hurt and I was hacking all day long. ;) :) Classes passed as usual. I had my first midterm today.... ughmuffins. It was a western lit midterm. We were required to write five essays in an hour. I was desperately praying as I scribbled away furiously. I'm still not entirely sure what I wrote, but I don't think it made much sense. We'll see what happens. :) No Western Civ today which meant... guess..... More time to study!!!!!!! I have two more finals and a midterm and then

 I GET TO GO HOME!!!!! Sooooo excited. I'm going to bake, and cook, and do dishes, and stay up insanely late talking to my mom, and drive my brother to school, and walk my beloved dog, and play with my kitty, and see my friends, and be soooo happy. P.S.We, (being "we") have decided that 1) it is ok for y'all to tease me for being so housewifey, but at the same time it has been pointed out that 2) I can and am very feisty so don't think think I'm all that docile. :P ;) :) Even though my WES profile says I would be good at organizing tea parties. Don't even think about asking me to make a sandwich. ;) :)

I've been spending my mornings in Psalms and Proverbs; not nearly as much time as I want but all the same it's been very encouraging to read David's cries and pleas, and to hear Solomon's words of wisdom. I've really been getting into the whole femininity, self-reform, but on a God-focused level, and I've realized, of all the self-help books out there, Proverbs is by far the best, and completely different from any other book out there. Seriously though! It has everything you need. It really has been quite encouraging. 

Well, it's getting late and in trying to stay healthy and keep promises I'm going to head to bed. 
Goodnight !!!

I adore delicate things. Not sparkly. Usually small.
Things synonymous with: Delightful, Charming, and Precious
That's why I love simplicity
That's why I love flowers. :)

Time For Another One :)

Posted on

Monday, February 28, 2011