You know when God gives you those moments? It's the moment where your breath catches. Your feet freeze. Your heart fills, and you have no idea what to do with yourself. At first you want to scream and giggle and hug yourself as you run in circles. But at the same time, you're frozen still in awe and wonder. That happened tonight. What caused it? Don't laugh.

Bubbles. Tons and tons of Bubbles. Let me explain. 

First: Rehearsal began tonight with Marjorie. Marjorie is (I'm not exaggerating) *the* most encouraging person I have ever met. She spills love. Never. In my life. Have I been complimented so much and so *sincerely.* She was so sweet that first I couldn't stop blushing, and then I wanted to cry. I may sound dramatic, but you weren't there. I love her so dearly.

Second: We all got presents. Mine: Bubbles. You have to understand. Bubbles are equivalent to music and cool breezes. They make my heart so full that I have no idea what to do with myself. After rehearsal I immediately started blowing bubbles.

Fetters and I cracked Finding Nemo jokes as we headed to the BHC lobby. When I got there I blew bubbles for a good ten minutes while Marjorie and Amy played in them. Then Amy took over and I tried popping the bubbles with my nose. For those of you who don't know what the BHC lobby looks like. Imagine a lobby that's ceiling is two stories tall. The doors stretch across one side of the room, and a lovely large dark wood (oak?) desk faces the doors. There are big greek-like pillars separating the coffee shop from the lobby. The floor is tile which makes everything echo. It's stunning. Now imagine: 11:15 at night and that lobby is filled with bubbles. Let me tell you. It's heaven. Pure heaven. At one point Marj and I just lay on the lobby floor and looked up at the bubbles as they caught the light and floated into oblivion.

Marj and I decided that this is going to be how my future husband proposes. He will lead me into a room or outside, and there will be bubbles everywhere. Then he will pull out a rainbow colored umbrella and hold it over my head. He will then ask me to marry him. 

Yes it's dramatic, but I tried not to make a big deal about it. I just blew and blew and watched in fascination. It may be shallow, but ::shakes head:: I can't shake that feeling of being totally and completely filled with awe and wonder and..... fullness. It really was amazing.

Thank you so much Lord for the simple pleasures you give me each and every day.

I love You. I. love. You. Lord.

Bliss. Pure Bliss.

Posted on

Wednesday, March 16, 2011