Reflections on California: 

1) Pressure: It must be so hard to live on the Cali coast and try to remain a modest Christian girl. Everyone is beautiful, everyone knows it, and everyone shows it. Walking down the street I felt so......I can't even describe it. It was a a combination of insignificance, and.... ::laughs:: I don't even know. I felt so, not beautiful because I was modestly covered. I was there for less than a week, and I was already feeling that unless I was revealing something, I wouldn't be beautiful. It was so weird. 

2) Temptations: I can't imagine the struggles that the guys have to face. Of course, they may not have a conscience, but all the same, it has to be so hard. I know that guys struggle, but for girls, here in California, it's just as hard. Like I said, everyone knows there beautiful, the guys, the girls, everyone, and they all make sure that the world knows it. Making it so incredibly hard for any christian. ::sigh:: It was just odd.

Flight: 
Waking up early is never fun. For those of you who know me, I am not a morning person. I can be, but I don't like to be. Anyway, I had to wake up at 6:00am this morning, and made it to the airport on time. Checking in was easy, and my gate was really easy to find. :) 

Alright, listen everyone. I'll address guys first: If you want to know what it's like to love, and I mean really love them in a godly way, and if you want to read of an incredible example of a man who trusts God in the areas of love more than anyone in the bible you HAVE to read Redeeming Love. It is the story of Hosea. A man who was commanded by God to marry a harlot. It was all I could do to keep from crying. It is more on the girly side of things, but it....::laughs:: I can't tell you how amazing it is to see how Hosea obeys every command God gives him. It is an incredible book. Now girls: It is geared more towards us. :) It's a beautiful love story, and it's a bible story, so it's ok! :) :) :) I really can't say enough about it. Warning: Being the nature of the story and the plot, there is some stuff that may make you uncomfortable. It didn't bother me that much, but I thought I might warn you. All that to say it is an incredible book! :)

I had to sprint to my terminal in Philadelphia, but I made it. Thank the Lord. 

Wrap-up:
I am really excited to be here. It's so flat, and green! I love the trees! :D There is one thing.......I guess, I'm looking for something. I haven't found it yet, but I have five weeks to find it. I'm not sure what it is. I'm not looking to it to solve everything, but...there's just something missing in me. I don't know what it is, but I plan on finding it. :)

I just want to say that I love you all, very much. I hope you know that. :)












Check-In

Posted on

Saturday, June 19, 2010