Wow.

17 years. 

The Lord has taught me so much this past year. 
~Things about me.
~Things about others.
~Things about letting go.
~Things about holding on.
~Most of all things about trust.

*I thought about writing something really profound. But I'm too happy and bubbly to think about something deep to write. :)

Summary of today:


Well, I woke up. I know! Shocker right! :D :D :D I actually slept in which was really nice. I also skipped my workout. I'm regretting that now, but you can't have it all. Anyway, so I got up and changed into my bathing suit cause we had plans to go to a water park.

I've only been to one water park and it was a little itty bitty one in Oregon, and I haven't been in forever. Also, I've only been to disneyland once and I couldn't ride anything. :)


But then our plans were postponed for a little, so I walked around in my bathing suit and sweats. I really really love sweats. :D So anyway, I ran around like that for a while, read a book, and checked email and trying to figure out flight stuff. :) THEN we went to the water park around 2. We only got to go on one ride because the lines were so long, but I loved it. :) It was so much fun to just hang out with Darby, eat ice cream, and reminisce. ;) :) We then came home, and ate some INCREDIBLE honey roasted shrimp.

I loved all of my gifts. More than that, I loved the thought that was put into them. Delaney got me the cutest stuffed penguin. It's really fuzzy, small, and named Waddles. She also got me two kit-kats. It was so sweet of her, and now I have an airplane buddy. :D Maili (age 8) made me several cards, and some lotion that had been handed down to her through her sisters (she said it had been gone through 3 generations. It was so adorable). <3 Erin Claire (age 9) gave me a picture that she painted. It was of Ernie and Bert. She also gave me a tiny knit purse and a knit bookmark. It was incredibly sweet. Then Reilly (age 4) after much coaxing gave me a hug for my birthday. He was quite red, the darling boy. :)

Now we're watching "While You Were Sleeping" then "The Italian Job." I love Darby so much. Of all the places in the world that I would want to spend my birthday, there are only two other places I would rather be. I can't be in the other two places, so I am very happy to be here. :)

"Nice coat, nice hat, nice smile, Merry Christmas, will you marry me, I love you!"

It rained today. It was a pleasant surprise, and a pleasant reminder. :)

I also love rainbows. 

My Goodness

Posted on

Thursday, July 15, 2010