You make me smile like the sun


::grins::

I'm am quite sorry that this post has been so delayed in coming. Well.....I guess it hasn't been that long, but it seems like I've already been in Florida for a few days even though this is my first. When you're traveling as much as I am you lose track of the days really easily.

I suppose I should just start with the flight. It went relatively smoothly. There were some very sad goodbyes, and then I was whisked away to my gate. I was in desperate need of a peppermint mocha and a massage, neither of which I got. However, I'm not complaining in the least. :) Although, I still haven't gotten either one of those things. :) The first flight was delayed which put me in a bit of a tizzy. Trust in God is incredible. It can get you through the smallest of trials, including a delayed flight. :) Thankfully the Lord wanted me on the next flight. I walked off my first flight, and literally ran across the hall/aisle and was the last to board on the second flight. During that second flight I sat next to the most adorable three year old boy. During the flight he spilled apple juice all over his seat and then cried himself to sleep. ::sighs:: I really want kids, more specifically a boy. :-/

I've never really thought about the fact that every time I get in a plane I'm thousands of feet up in the air, in a relatively tiny transporting thing. So far all of my flights have been super super scary. There's been quite a lot of turbulence with each one. All that to say, I've thought of about a million different things to say to my parents should I need to call them and tell them about a plan malfunction. Yes, I can be overly paranoid, but there's nothing wrong with being prepared. Right? Right. Call me weird, but whatever. :)


Yesterday I met all of Darby's wonderful family, and I love each and every one of them. They are so adorable. Not to mention Darby is absolutely gorgeous. We watched The Devil Wears Prada, and talked a whole lot, about everything. Well, one thing. Well, two things, but they were the same thing, if you know what I mean. So that was really nice.

Today we went to the beach. The Florida beach is like nothing I've ever been to. I know why people want to come here for their honeymoon. The ocean is incredible and it's salty enough to be support you, so I just lay out there and floated around. I would absolutely love to go there with my future husband. It is so peaceful, and wonderful. I was actually relaxed for the first time. I wasn't stiff, and my back felt good which was amazing. My neck was still a bit stuff, but the Lord is so good and has been so wonderful.

We are now watching Get Smart. :D

1) It's so humid it feels like it's going to rain. 2) Today I was on my hands and knees scrubbing the kitchen floor (I hate feeling useless, so I just cleaned). So 8 year old Maili came up to me and put her hands on her hips and said, "You're on vacation, what do you think you're doing." She is so cute. :) 3) I realized a few things when giving advice to a friend.
- I know exactly what I want in my future husband: A guy who thinks with his head and feels with his heart. 
Those tend to get a bit muddled when it comes to love. So often we tend to think with our hearts and feel in our heads.

-My future husband better be able to put up with me staying in jeans and sweatshirts all day. There is little I love more than sweats and t-shirts and sweatshirts. I could work all day in a t-shirt and jeans, so future husband, whoever you are, please be ok with that. Oh, and I love coffee. :)

Alright, sweet dreams. <3

Update :)

Posted on

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

2 Comments
Lil' bit said...

I lovvvve get smart! xD And I totally agree with your last paragraph :)

Lil' bit said...

Oh I guess except for coffee, I hate coffee! Lol!