"Always look on the bright siiiiiiide of life."

I got out of bed on the wrong side today. This makes sense because the right side is shoved against my wall so getting out of bed that direction would include me running into a wall. Not that I haven't done that before, but all the same. 


Funny how it's most often all the little things that get under your skin. Ya know? Like you wake and as you're walking out the door still half asleep, you bang your foot against the wall. Then maybe later, you, oh I don't know, run into a door. Or your bangs get cut too short. Or you spend all afternoon working on one thing, and then realize that all your work was pointless because you can't use it. Overall it was a good day, but as you slink to bed, all you can think of is your aching head, your stubbed toe, and the mass amount of documents you had to delete. It's times like these when you have to.....juice the lemon and try to make as much lemonade as you can. BUT! What if you lost the recipe?????? Then you just have a bunch of lemon juice lying around. What are you supposed to do with a bunch of lemon juice? Beats me. 


::grins:: Ok, so I'm being a bit melodramatic.....Ok, so I'm being a lot melodramatic. =D However, what if.......


You go to bed and you feel that the day had no purpose. It was just one hour after another. 


Looking back:
~A lot was accomplished
~I started the day out with the Lord
~The Lord gave me strength to get through the day


Then why:
~Does it sometimes feel so pointless
~Am I falling back into habits I tried so desperately to run away from
~Do I get that sinking feeling that what I was battling (with the Lord's strength) so long and hard for, I am losing any ground I covered. 


All we can do is cling to him. That's what I will do. He's the one who gives me the lemonade. ::laughs:: There's an analogy for you. =) God is the sugar to our sour lemon juice. ::beams:: or for all you fellow romantics, your love is the sugar to lemon juice. :)


Btw, I am going to be taking a month of absence starting August 1. I'll explain more later. Please don't panic. 


I have "Dance With Me Darling," from Bat Boy stuck in my head. I will post the lyrics to the main part. =)


There was love in your eyes.
You were so light in my arms,
We danced five hours or more,
We were the last on the floor,
With the soon still to rise...
The band played one final song,
And you were humming along:

Oh, dance with me, darling
we haven't danced since I don't know when.



Dance with me, darling,
Won't you embrace me?
Kiss me in case we don't meet again.
I've heard a rumour,
Barely a whisper,
Claiming that we were through.
So dance with me, darling
Show them that it's not true.



P.S. I like blogs. Not just mine. =)

Of Life

Posted on

Wednesday, July 21, 2010