I'm home. 

Five weeks, a little over 7000 miles, 6 states, a handful of cities, three amazing families, and one incredible God guiding me the whole time.

This trip has been life changing. Cheezy, I know, but it really has. The Lord has given me the strength to trust in Him more than I ever have. The peace he has given me is incredible, and he has drawn me to Him in ways that I can't even begin to explain.

Silly fact: I got home 5 (we made the 720 mile trip in 10 1/2 hours) and started cleaning and didn't stop till 9. I did all my laundry, cleaned out my closet, got rid of a ton of old stuff, etc. :) It was very relaxing.

For those of you who haven't seen me when I'm at home and trying to release stress, I clean. I don't know why it helps. Maybe it's the fact that it's something to focus on that requires all of my attention, but I can do it for a long time because it doesn't require too much energy. I don't know. :)


The last two days have unfolded in ways that were.....unexpected? yeah. Completely unexpected. 

My prayer is that God would give me love. Copious amounts of it at that. It is hard to love. Did you know that? ::laughs:: Did you know that it's hard for me to love? ::laughs softly:: Did you know that I'm not used to love being a hard thing? But through God all things are possible, and I will hold fast to that promise. 

After I was done cleaning, I finally cleaned myself. ::grins:: I took a ten minute shower.....Yeah, that's a big deal for me. :) It was really nice. Now I am clean, and all lotioned up, and very ready to sleep. So goodnight my dear friends.

The last few chapters of my life have been interesting. Each page was different from the last and it wasn't always for the better. There were days when I didn't want to have to turn the page. I didn't want to know what came next, cause I didn't want to leave the page I was on. Then there were days where I wanted to skip ahead the good parts. Of course there were also days when I was so tired I didn't even care what happened next. However, this chapter is over. A new chapter is beginning. A new start.

I'm excited


P.S. I really want bubbles and an elmo shirt :)

<3

A New World

Posted on

Sunday, July 18, 2010