Quick update. :) 

(I need to come up with a new way to say "I'm really busy, but I'm going tell you about my life." :))

Send-Off/Prayer: Wednesday night we had a total of 41 people over to our house for a small service. :) It was incredibly crowded, but I was so happy everyone was able to make it. :) Among those were the Goldmans, Kruses, all three pastors and their daughters + Mrs. Phelps, and Mrs. Cartwright, Greens, Molly Sumpter, Mrs. Miller, the Macs annnnnnnd Meg. :) My mom made up a little program that included singing, prayer, a reading from "Voices of the Past," and a charge given to me by Pastor Dale. The gathering reminded me most of the great responsibility I have to my friends and family to do well and stay true to the Lord. I have to remember that while it is important to do well in school, my relationship to the Lord is the ultimate thing. 

The evening ended with cake and ice cream, then the Goldmans and Kruses stayed a bit longer. Daniel played the drums, Alex played guitar, and Devin and I danced. :) Then Dad cut in, and by the time we had danced five minutes we were both exhausted (the kind of dancing we do is super intense :P). 

Meg's Birthday was on thursday so after making a quick stop to Fred Meyer I came home, wrapped her presents, and went to her house at 4:30. She opened her presents, we played a dance game on her Wii (IKO!!!!! :)), ate pizza, then saw tangled for the third time (for both of us). After that I went home and did something. :)

Friday afternoon I dropped by the Phelp's to see my senior pictures and can I just say.... AHHHHH!H!!!!!!!! Mrs. Phelps is soooooo amazing! :) One of my many favorites is a shot we got with me standing in an elevator. You can see the city behind me and it's just so perfect. :) Thank you so so much! :) Brenna and Christian came by the house to say goodbye (at different times) then Mr. Mac and Hannah (or ladybug, because sometimes she's a lady and sometimes she's a bug <3) drove us to the airport. The greens, Jon Ripley, Mr. Phelps, Dev, and Zane all came to the airport to see me and my family off. It was so sweet of them and I love them all very dearly. Thanks guys! :)

We got in at about 6:45ish, went to Red Robin for a quick dinner, then went to bed. 

Saturday we got up at 4:00am :P and were at the airport by 5. We flew to seattle, then to Reagan Natl' and were in D.C. by 4:30pm. We took a taxi to our hotel then put on our coats and braved the streets of D.C. We went to Union Station for a quick dinner (I totally remembered almost everything about it). Then we took the subway from Union Station to a stop called Smithsonian. We then walked about 20 minutes in the frigid weather to the Washington Monument and then the Lincoln memorial. As we walked I kept having flashbacks to 8th grade. Fun times. :) We were exhausted and frozen to the bone by the time we got to the Lincoln memorial so we decided to taxi it home. 

Everyone is commenting on how abnormal this cold is. 

Capitol Baptist Church was amazing! They prayed at least five times during worship, the hymns were sung beautifully by the congregation (there was only a singer, a guitarist, and a pianist on the worship team). The message, though long, was really incredible and very convicting. The rest of today was spent sight seeing. While I could see myself living in D.C. I could still see myself in London or New York much better. Everything is too spread out here. ;) :) Anyway, today was freezing again, but we were more prepared so it was more enjoyable. 

Tomorrow we'll do a bit more sight-seeing, then we'll head to the Dulles Shopping Center at 1, and then Leesburg after that. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) ......... seriously though. I can't. :P ;) :)

Well, that's all for now. One of these days I'll actually post something more important than what's been happening and what's on the agenda. 

God bless! :)

Didn't have time to edit, but here I am at Arlington, specifically in the outside arena of the tomb of the unknown soldier. You can't tell but my nose is bright red, and I'm freeeeeezing. :)

Brrrrrrrrr :)

Posted on

Sunday, January 9, 2011