Wow.... Just wow. :)

The Lord is sooo incredible. I wanted to share this little tid-bit from the sermon this morning. The speaker was talking about the reasons for why Moses didn't lead the people into the promised land. As a quick recap, Moses was commanded to speak to the rock to draw water and instead he strikes it. Here was one of the points that the speaker was making.

What did Moses represent? He represented the law. Is the law capable of bringing the people into the promised land? Has the law ever been enough to bring people into the promised land? No. Who led the Israelites into the promised land? Joshua. Joshua given name was originally a word meaning salvation. God was drawing a distinct picture that, only through salvation can we come to the promised land. - Paraphrased 
So this is the part when I try to take the billions of thoughts swirling around in my head, and snag a couple that will make sense to the general population.

This week has been much more relaxed than last week. I can't remember a whole lot of what I did. Friday (last) I sat in on the "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown" audition. Bad idea. ;) Saturday I actually auditioned for Charlie Brown, and found out I got the role of Lucy. :) We also watched the rest of North & South. Oh. Good. Gravy. There is a big joke going around about how much I am in love with John Thornton. I'd like to clarify that while his looks certainly play a part, the majority of my "interest" lies in his character. He's so steadfast in his values. He stands for what he believes in. He's willing to make adjustments when he's wrong. And he is soooo lovely. ;) :) We also watched Dr. Who. British nights are the best. :) Sunday I went to the most incredible church. I plan to attend every sunday I can. It's out in falls church (the city) but as long as people are driving I plan on being there. Monday we had our first rehearsal. We basically just watched the film and went over guidelines. Then began the Heart and Full part. ;) :)


Tuesday: It snowed.... No, it dumped snow. By the evening we had about a foot. It was sooooo gorgeous. You know that feeling that you get when you're with a guy (or girl) you have feelings for, and your heart just feels so incredibly full? I get that way listening to music, and being outside in the snow. This campus seriously is absolutely stunning. Tuesday after classes a friend and I went behind D1 and built two snowthings. One was a penguin that (was) a head shorter than me. Then that friend left, and three other friends joined me, and together we made a snow-penguin-owner that was as tall as me. It was soooooooo epic. I don't really think anything else happened that night.

Wednesday: It snowed.... again. It dumped a ton more snow all over the place. It was super slippery, but walking in it to and from class made me feel like I was in a movie. Immediately after classes I quickly got into the warmest clothes I could find and went out and played. I can't remember exactly what I did or who I was with, I just remember coming into the dinning hall already sufficiently cold. After dinner about ten of us went out in "The Ferris Wheel" and had the most epic snowball fight EVER! After about an hour there were about 15 - 20 people. We were all thoroughly soaked, but none of us cared. I felt like a five year-old and I have never felt more giddy in my life. :) We then moved to behind the dorms and continued our epic snow war. After another hour I was exhausted and too cold to move. By then it was about 8, so I decided to take a shower and get ready for rehearsal which was at 9. The read through went very well. :)

Yesterday: It snowed AGAIN!!!!!!!! Kira, Blake, Caleb, and I were all in the coffee shop at 9:00am. We were getting ready to study when a man burst through the BHC doors and said he was offering $100 for his driveway to be cleared. The guys and I jumped right on it, and in the end I convinced Kira to come with us (She really didn't like the snow). The man drove us out to Purcellville, more specifically the most beautiful neighborhood I've ever seen. It was so very surreal. The driveway was cleared in about 40 minutes and we each got $25. The rest of the day consisted of studying. After dinner, my resolve slowly weakened (I had finished all of my assignments saving one), so I just chilled in the coffee shop with some friends and shared music. I now have a new watchdog. The night ended with hot chocolate, peanut butter, and a "courtship" conversation with Bets, Stephen, and a couple other guys.

This morning as I walked from history to chapel, the softest snow gingerly fell from the sky and coated my clothes and hair in magical little white drops. Again, so serene. I wish I could communicate just how beautiful it is here, how incredibly happy I am, and how amazing God is. I really feel like this is a new start. I get a new chance with a new group of friends in a new place. My heart couldn't get much fuller.

Senior Pictures: Mrs. Phelps did such an amazing job. I am so grateful to her and to my dear mom who sent these to me, batch at a time. I'm only going to post ten of forty something. Ten is quite enough.










Snow and Hearts and Full :)

Posted on

Friday, January 28, 2011

1 Comment
Liz Morphonios said...

Ugh girl! Why are you so darn gorgeous?! ;) :) SO pretty! Is the photographer in Oregon? She is *amazing*. I love reading your blog even though I don't comment often. :) Love you girl!