Well, here we are at the end of a very long week. I have a huge pile of books to conquer today, but the Lord will get my through it. I also have a paper I need to write. It's not due for another two weeks, but I like being able to stay ahead of things. So with so much work you're probably wondering why I would take the time to blog. Honestly? My brain hurts and I need to write something for fun that doesn't involve analyzing Pensees wager, the proofs for Christianity, Plunkitt's "urban machine," or the recurrence of thighbones in the Odyssey. That would just be discursive. ;) :)

Biblical Emphasis Week was incredible!!! A wonderful man named Dr. Cokrell (I butchered the spelling), came and taught about faith and God's promises (past, present, and future) found in the book of Hebrews. The mandatory sermons were Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday morning, but he also provided a tuesday and a wednesday night sermon, both of which I absolutely loved! There's too much information for me to summarize it and do it justice, but just know that I was thoroughly encouraged.

Racquet Ball is God's gift to man. One of several gifts of course. ;) :) Thursday night Stephen Gibbs taught me how to play, and I was seriously in love by the end of the hour (with the game :P). Seriously though!! It's a lot like tennis in that you have to be fast on your feet, but at the same time it's completely different in the technique and the force with which you try to hit the ball. I haven't been able to beat him in a game yet, but the closest I got was 8-10, and that last point took forever. Friday night we played suicide with Ian (one of the best racquet ball players here), and even though I got a measly 5 points (we played to 15), I beat Ian twice and Stephen 3 times. I was quite proud. The only side effect is that I woke up this morning terribly sore. I had stretched, but I should have known that after playing two hours of intense racquet ball, I'm bound to feel it in the morning. :)

The Reading here is pretty insane. I mean, it didn't come as a surprise, but it still takes getting used to. Thursday morning I literally read for 8 hours with one break for lunch. I'm reading from 4 textbooks, long lectures that serve as textbooks, and two regular books (one of which I finished: Plunkitt). I'm slightly intimidated just since I'm so very new to all of this, but at the same time I have wonderful friends to come alongside me and build me up.

I really am so extremely grateful to my friends. They seriously are an incredible blessing. Love you guys! ...well, mostly girls ;) :) but the guys are incredible too. :)

We are printer conquerers! 

Hiding behind our lives. ;) :)

Our lives. :)

2 mile run! Yeah Baby. :)

People I don't yet have pictures of:
Stephen Gibbs,
Hannah Farver,
Sarah Betts,
Ian Reid, and
 Kira Clark
among several others. :)




Reeeeeead

Posted on

Saturday, January 22, 2011