In the stillness of night
As the world falls asleep

While the moon smiles down
My heart starts to cry
It's my secret to keep.


And the burden grows stronger
As my mind wanders father
Than it's ever gone before

Is it true what they say
That you see all of me
All my thoughts
All my joys - my desires,
All my failures and more.


And my mind asks these questions,
While my heart fears the answers:
Am I too far gone to be loved?
Am I too far gone to be healed?
Am I too far gone to be saved?

But the past won't let me go
I swore I'd never leave your side
But he won't let me go
I've nowhere to run
Nowhere to hide



Please be all you promised me,
Please come now, set me free.
I long oh Lord to please you know
But I have quite forgotten how

I feel the walls are caving in,
And I am drowning in my sin
So come now Lord to rescue me
Rescue me
Rescue me

(There's more, but for now, let this suffice)

In which I sing when words refuse to come

Posted on

Monday, September 5, 2011

Category

,