I watched as the two men hurled arguments at each other. One man was cool, calm, and deliberate, yet his words pierced the soul and the mind like little arrows or truth and logic, unable to be overturned. The other man, much larger, fought back with an arrogant insolence that made the whole crowd  hope for the smaller man to win out. And here I was, nodding at Socrates's logic, and frowning at his opponents arrogance.

I lifted my head out of my book, and settled back in my chair, content to let my mind rest for a moment. As I snuggled under my massive quilt I took in the beauty around me. I was sitting at a small round, light yellow writing table that was comfortably situated in the corner between two large windows that looked out onto the glorious lake Bob. :) The lake and the meadows beyond it were covered in a hazy mist as the rain gently clung to the earth in a sweet embrace 

The table itself was lovely enough to look at. It was covered in newspaper writing, as if someone had taken a newspaper, ink still wet, and let it dry to the table, leaving a perfectly mirrored image. My chair was directly beside one of the two large windows, giving me full viewing access to the buildings on my right, as well as the sidewalk that sloped gently under my feet, to Town Hall (the basement level). I sighed heavily and leaned my warm, slightly feverish, head against the cool window pane and closed my eyes. The rain beat gently against the window. tap. tap. tap. I could stay in this moment of peace and tranquility forever.

But then I would not be living. For at that moment two dear friends came and dragged me out of my quiet moment into the pleasantries and silly pleasures of being female, namely picking an outfit.

I look forward to many more of these moments as I rest in my own little corner.


In which I finally post something a tad bit more substantial than I usually do.

Posted on

Monday, September 5, 2011