I randomly opened to this passage a few minutes ago and was brought to tears...


Bless the Lord oh my soul, and forget not all of his benefits,
Who forgives all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases. 
Who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy.
So satisfies you with good, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.
He will not chide nor will he keep from his anger forever.
He does not deal with us according to our sins,
no repay us according to our iniquities.

As far as the east is from the west...
So far does he remove our transgressions from us. 

-Parts of Psalm 103

Then I found this verse and tears formed anew. The good kind. 

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
-Psalm 147:3


The creater of the universe is watching out for me. He loves me. He is overjoyed when I am happy and sad when I'm not. He inflames in jealousy when I go after other idols and yet always opens his arms and allows me to run into them. I find solace alone in the Lord. He alone has never failed me. He alone will never fail me. I am aghast at my own stupidity. Why would I ever try to find security in something that is faulty and finite. Why not instead find everlasting comfort from the One who loves me more than anyone ever could. He is my great protector, and to him will I flee and hide. 




Breathes Again...

Posted on

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

1 Comment
Destiny said...

So true Belle!! Thanks for this post... :)