Long, languid day...

Take off the coat. Go to the mirror. Take the clips out of your hair and watch as wisps begin to come out. Remove the pins and let your hair fall down around your face and over your shoulders. Your head breathes again as you comb the curly tangled mess till it regains some of its order. What is it about undoing your hair that is so relaxing. After an evening of skating, this menial task was more relieving than I had imagined.

Errands are rather bothersome things when you're by yourself. Lemons, rice, and rice cakes are well and all, but the procuring of them is never an adventure. If anything it can be an embarrassment. If you're me, it is. I can never figure out how to carry them. Shall I hold the awkward bag of lemons under one arm, the bag of rice in one hand, and the rice cakes in another? No, that doesn't work. What if I switch the order? What results is a slightly awkward girl shifting the groceries back and forth.

Skating is nice. I only fell once! :) :) However, when I did fall, I fell right on my rear and back so much pain was inflicted. A small bruise is starting to form. I cut my hand once when taking off the skates. Overall it was a huge success. It was so wonderful to see the Goldman's. Nothing ever changes. I like them. Especially Anna. She is such a sweet girl. :)

Home. I have one. It's so indescribably comforting to come home. Soon I will have a new home. What will that be like? Am I excited? You bet! Am I ready to be out of Medford? Isn't that what I've been telling myself this whole time. But If I wanted to be honest. I mean, really really honest, then I would say:
I'm scared. I'm actually terrified. 
The excitement is enough to counter that, but, at the same time.... My life is going to completely change. I won't, but my life will. Hanging out with the Goldman's reminded me of that. I will cling desperately to people, but in the end, God chooses who stays in my life and who doesn't. He's the one who decides. I'm happy that my fate is in the one absolute, perfect, being who loves me more than anyone. But If I wanted to be honest. I mean, really really honest, then I would say:
I'm scared. I'm actually terrified. 
Only with God's strength will I let go of those he tells me to. If he doesn't tell me to, you can bet I'll hold on with my life. This isn't for any one person. This is for everyone in my life. People move on. I'll move on. With Him. Always with Him.

I apologize for making no sense. I'm a bit weary. Well, you know what they say:
Strength comes in the morning. Lemonade sounds really good right now. :)

I'm scared. I'm actually terrified.

Posted on

Saturday, October 30, 2010